Location: San Francisco, CA
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
COMPETITIVE SALARY, SIGN-ON BONUS, AND FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS!!!
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus (External Full-Time Hires Only)
Full-Time Salary Earning Potential: $98,000-$154,000
The Critical Care Transport Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support, and critical care nursing. Will administer direct patient care in the transport setting, acting under the leadership, training, and direction of the CCT Director and Clinical Coordinator under the California Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for adapting to the changing nature of healthcare, customer's expectations, adapting to new delivery protocols, interaction with the medical centers, hospitals, and physicians and other service providers and other ancillary EMS agencies, and new ways of communicating, documenting and reporting.
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
- Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions performed and patient responses on the CCT Patient Care Record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CA Registered Nurse License
- ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, and BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
- CA Driver's License.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Minimum 3 years of current critical care experience (i.e., ICU, CCU, PACU, or ER), which includes the following:
- Management of the unstable adult cardiac patient
- Management of the unstable patient of other etiologies
- Management of the patient requiring mechanical ventilatory support
- Management of the patient requiring invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of patient transport operations upon successful completion of the CCT orientation and training program.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care activities.
- Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow personnel, patients and their families, hospital staff, the public, and other collaborating agencies.
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience preferred (CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification, BTLS/PHTLS).
- Frequently: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, and multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram).
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing.
EXAMPLES OF OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Cancer, Accident, Short-Term Disability and Hospital Confinement)
- Tuition Reimbursement (In Most Locations)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Flexible scheduling
- One-on-one patient care
- Work with the latest equipment & technology
- Professional working environment
- Competitive wages & sign-on bonuses
- Referral Programs (payment for referrals of other Healthcare Professionals)
- And more!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations