To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Warwick, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pediatric RN (Registered Nurse)
Maxim Healthcare Services • Warwick, RI
Posted 1 month ago
Pediatric Home Care/School RN (Registered Nurse)
Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking a Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) to assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN): demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care; makes clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with necessary supervision; consistently performs according to nursing standards; and is accountable for managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
In pediatric settings, RNs care specifically for children and adolescents. This is a 1:1 position with a pediatric patient with special needs, which may require working with G-tube, tracheostomy tube, and ventilator.
- Takes and records vital signs of pediatric patients
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas; monitors catheters
- Assists patients with bathing, dressing, and other personal hygiene
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data and information from healthcare members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned
- Performs interventions according to priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard
- Provides a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic patient environment
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patient/family/significant others; hospital healthcare co-workers; and physicians
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current nursing license within the state of assignment
- Minimum of one year maternal child health acute clinical experience within the last three years preferred
- Current BLS CPR Card
- Current PALS Card (per client and/or state requirements)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Knowledge in pediatric pharmacology
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs