8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Customer Relations Analyst is responsible for a professional response and resolution to escalated customer contacts and general customer inquiries received at the Home Office. The Customer Relations Analyst collaboratively works with a variety of Home Office teams & store management teams in the resolution of the customers concerns to foster a positive CarMax experience. Home Office teams include: Executive Offices, Legal, Public Relations, Operational Teams, and Accounting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver a great customer experience when responding to escalated customer phone calls, emails, and letters. Seek to make a connection that builds a strong relationship in order to build trust in Customer relations and the process. Take a lead role in understanding what happened and partner with senior store management to provide guidance and resolution. Other partnerships with may be necessary with Home Office departments during discovery, including Legal, Public Relations, Accounting, Loss Prevention, and others. Proactively partners with Analyst II and Sr. Analysts for guidance when necessary.
• Deliver a great customer experience when responding to general inquiries from customer phone calls, reviews, and other contact types.
• Train, support and influence visiting field managers completing the Customer Relations Rotation Program. Provide visiting managers feedback on the customer experience provided to ensure it is reflecting the CarMax Brand. Assist the visiting Managers to build strong relationships with Home Office teams, as well as Store Management teams in order to build trust in Customer Relations and the process.
• Participate in team meetings, training events and demonstrate the ability to take on special assignments as needed.
• Available for evening support up to 2 nights a week to support the business.
• Contribute in projects that support business needs to promote continual process improvement and maximize process efficiency.
• Works with peers to complete quality reviews to identify opportunities and celebrate successes by providing feedback and recommendations for improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to motivate peers
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
• Ability to use functional knowledge while serving as a resource for internal customers, field management teams & external customers
• Ability to provide “win-win” solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
• Strong research and decision making abilities; thinks logically and has a thought process that is practical and grounded, considers impact of decisions
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
• Ability to apply critical thinking while work independently and productively on escalated concerns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 2 years of General Business experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred or equivalent work experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor during all interactions with internal and external customers.
• Ability to multi-task using phone, administrative, and research skills in a fast-paced daily environment
• Ability to work productively with little supervision.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Customer Relationship Management