CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Assurance Manager to join in the Government Contract Industry Practice.
The Manager will work closely with Senior Managers and Partners to provide timely, efficient audit and advisory support in the government contracting environment to both federal and commercial clients. Normally this person will be managing and working with 5-7 clients at any given time and performing time-management to prioritize the workload.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service to great clients
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
Your focus will be on the following four areas:
- Contract Audit and Advisory Services
- Client Relations and Engagement Management
- Training and Professional Development
- Support partners and growth of the practice
Specific duties include:
Advisory & Audit
- Performing audit procedures in accordance with firm standards and GAGAS in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. Understanding of the DCAA contract audit manual and auditing procedures.
- Responsibility for review of pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to senior managers and/or partners
- Review of workpapers and audit reports of staff
- Performs consulting services to government contractors in the areas of business system readiness, incurred cost submissions, indirect rate modeling, FAR, CAS and executive compensation analysis
- Reviews the audit and consulting work of Senior Associates
Client Relations and Engagement Management
- Accept responsibility for, and complete engagements in accordance with client time and budget expectations.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation within the office. Fosters effective relationships with clients and referral sources.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills and identifies and solves problems with team.
- Provides timely evaluations and feedback to team members to build a confidence and expertise
Training and Professional Development
- Earn confidence, trust and respect from clients and colleagues.
- Continually develop technical skills and industry knowledge. Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Attend local professional and business organization functions, as well as networking events. Participate and provide training in presentations on technical matters externally and internally.
- Represent the firm in positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and participate in management of the practice group.
- Actively participate in CohnReznick internal development programs, including staff training courses.
- Participates in proposal writing, prospecting meetings and oral presentations to secure new clients.
- Provides mentorship and leadership to developing staff members.
- Education: BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and a CPA
- Minimum 6-9 years of experience in public accounting, consulting firm or other relevant experience such as DCAA or civilian agency experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and advisory skills
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong research skills in FAR / CAS
- Experience with readiness assessment and audit for DFARS business systems (accounting, estimating, property)
- Experience with incurred cost, proposal audits and forward pricing rates
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; audit software, and Caseware / CCH Engagement Manager experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to do local travel (VA, MD, DC)
- U.S. Citizen
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see URL blocked - click to apply
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at URL blocked - click to applyPlease note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Learn more: URL blocked - click to apply
Connect with us
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply