Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
This position is able to work remotely within the United States
BBU is on a marketing transformation journey, and we are seeking a Content Strategy Manager who wants to help us build. This role is part of BBUs Media, Analytics and Content (MAC) team, which is part of the Marketing Center of Excellence. The Content Strategy Manager is a critical role inside BBU and collaborates with brand teams and external partners on the development of highly effective brand building content. We have several growing brands, and our portfolio already includes a slate of trusted and iconic brands – Thomas’, Sara Lee, Entenmann’s and Bimbo/Marinela.
The Content Strategy Manager will bring deep expertise and an impressive track record building brands through great content. Someone who knows the consumer won’t tell us what they want and figures out how to find the insight anyway. Someone who then combines the brand voice and the voice of the consumer into inspiring and clear briefs that provide specificity yet creative freedom for content creation resources. This team player would also be skilled at building strong relationships and leading through influence. They would be responsible for collaborating on the development of content for both our agile marketing practice and general advertising campaigns.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Being the trusted thought leader to our brand teams and agencies on what truly distinguishes content from highly effective, useful creative content for our brands
• Contributing as a peer with the others to influence best-in-class marketing communications and new methods to deliver that outcome through an agile test & learn program
• Building the BBU playbook for consistently developing effective creative content, both in test mode and when scaling
• Selecting and managing the right technologies, tools and resources to support great content and execution – including how to deliver the right assets to enable machines to dynamically optimize creative and the BBU brands to create best-in-class digital experiences across the consumer journey
• Oversee influencer marketing campaigns for BBU brands
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Customer Relations teams
• Stay abreast of cultural hot topics and digital marketing trends in order to connect with relevant audiences
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- A natural inclination to collaborate with media experts to understand digital media performance, and the ability to iterate on a creative approach based on that data
- Experience breaking down silos, creating understanding that enables faster decision making through a single unified view of audiences and their interactions with the brand
- A track record of becoming sought after in a large organization for your advice, guidance and get-it-done approach – brand teams and colleagues seek you out for insight, help and momentum
- Enjoy a fast pace and generating a long backlog of great ideas against consumer/brand insights and trends
- Diving into analytics, ad or consumer testing platforms is second nature
- “Good at brand strategy” has been in your performance reviews or informal feedback over the years – yet people have a hard time pinning you down as a “creative” or a strategist
- Know first-hand what it’s like to be on the receiving end of good and bad briefs. The brief that confuses or frustrates versus the one that unleashes the best in the creative teams
- Comfort and go-to methods for challenging the status quo in healthy ways, setting a high bar for what is possible
- Know how to coach the best from internal and external agencies, makers and partners
- Gritty when needed to move the project forward – e.g. unafraid to get your hands dirty editing or trying a line of copy, digging for the inspirational example, prototyping options
- Pride in personal contribution, while just as excited in coaching the team to a great outcome
- A strong eye for pattern recognition in successful brand building, versus constant reinvention and thinking out of the box.
Education and Work History:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 6+ years either agency or client side as a content strategist, strategic or account planner, communications planner, or an art director or writer with proven campaign and social content concepting skills
- Hands on experience creating, planning and/or briefing for effective digital campaigns spanning online video, paid social, influencer, native, search and site
- At least 2 years on a brand with TV budgets and working knowledge of what makes effective Video content across multiple platforms
- Proven brand-building experience with at least half of your time with larger successful packaged goods brands
- Strong conceptual, composition, photo art direction and ideation skills – digitally native, understand what works in key platforms, yet able to think about the overall design and voice to break through anywhere
- Awareness of design research activities and human-centered design approach to problem-solving
- Experience in developing creative test approaches, passion for testing and learning how to break challenges into testable ideas – not solely about the big idea.
- Experience in finding production solutions to enable test & learn on a small scale while expressing the core idea
- Interpersonal savvy and listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to use storytelling to influence decisions
- 15% travel
- Experience in developing creative content for packaged food brands, in the food category and with a high-growth small brand or two
- Strong analytical skills – specifically in the measuring, reporting and effective communication of quantitative and qualitative learning.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Active Listening
- Agile Methodology
- Art Direction
- Customer Relationship Management