To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
On-Site AV Meeting Support Specialist
Whitlock • Boston, MA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced On-Site AV Meeting Support Specialist, with a great combination of customer and technical skills, to join our team. Whitlock’s On-Site Audio Visual Meeting Support Specialist provides technical support to customers through onsite support of their customized audio visual solutions. This is achieved through electronic dispatching, performing preventive and corrective maintenance on audiovisual and broadcast systems, providing technical support as needed, and manages customer relationship from a service perspective by providing professional, courteous support at all times.
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. What we give to a customer is the ability to connect, work together and share ideas with a reliable video experience. Whatever you’re trying to do, and who ever needs to join in, we’ll help you share it with the world.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer all service calls in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services to assigned audiovisual systems as needed. Complete customer PM Report upon completion of PM checks. Escalate any service level repairs to field service personnel or Onsite Service Technician.
- Update service tickets in a timely manner upon completion of service calls.
- Research parts, process Whitlock and manufacturer Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests, coordinate outside repairs, work with manufacturers, assist with phone support lines, provide technical support for sales, installation and system design staff, support Whitlock system designers and field service personnel, evaluate audiovisual system drawings, follow manufacturers’ prescribed maintenance procedures and common industry practices to troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Test and troubleshoot control system functionality (may include Crestron, AMX, broadcast automation control and other IP-based control systems).
- Test and evaluate performance of video conference systems over ISDN (H.320) and IP (H.323) networks, including local camera and presentation source routing and control, and acoustic echo cancellation.
- Maintain customers contracted support levels. This is achieved by proactively scheduling routine preventive maintenance visits and maintaining a strong working relationship with the customer based on trust and reliance.
- Continuously seek to improve knowledge of integrated audiovisual and broadcast communications systems. This includes extensive on-the-job, manufacturer and on-line training; personal research and professional development. This includes becoming ICIA CTS certified within six (6) months of employment and pursuing additional ICIA certifications on your own.
- May include after hours and on-call duties with guaranteed response times.
- May require out-of-town travel and overnight visits at remote locations.
Other Skills and Training
- Current familiarity with commercial audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment, including some direct training such as Extron, Cisco, Polycom, Crestron, AMX, Barco, Christie, Biamp, NEC, Sharp, Sony, Middle Atlantic, Shure and others.
- InfoComm CTS and CTS-D certifications preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, SharePoint, Skype for Business, etc.)