To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Allis, WI
- Exceptional Living Centers
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Nursing Assistant - Allis Care Center
Exceptional Living Centers • West Allis, WI
Posted 27 days ago
Be Part of a MOVEMENT! Join Allis Care Center TODAY!
Allis Care Center in West Allis, WI is hiring!
Part Time and Full Time - Evening Shifts.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Great Hourly Pay
Tuition Reimbursement and Tuition Reduction Plans
Provides individualized, quality resident care under the direction of nursing personnel by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Provides daily direct care to residents. This includes but is not limited to: bathing, dressing and grooming; food consumption, elimination, and transferring and ambulating. Provision of care also includes providing comfort to residents by creating a positive home-like environment; helping the residents develop trust; offering emotional support; working with residents' families; and communicating and actively listening. Monitors and reports to Charge Nurse change in resident condition or other relevant matter(s).
- Provides for the residents' health needs, including but not limited to: determining measurements accurately as assigned (vital signs, intake, output and food consumption, etc.); ensuring proper documentation is maintained; assisting the nurses during treatments, medical procedures and emergencies; recording accurate, legible information about resident care and condition per facility practices; and responding to any call light or emergency alarm timely.
- Maintains employee and resident safety. Duties including but are not limited to: following infection control practices; maintaining a clean and safe environment; timely reporting safety problems immediately; performing procedures correctly; timely reporting injuries to Charge Nurse; participating in fire and disaster drills. In an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident and employee safety.
- Assists with the planning, implementation and evaluation of plans of care for assigned residents and reports information and suggested approaches to Charge Nurse.
- Carries out administrative functions, including but not limited to: prioritizing daily tasks, participating in staff meetings, regularly reviewing and implementing updated policies and procedures, attending continuing education programs and required in-service education, and applying information learned to current job responsibilities.
- As directed, performs quality assessment and assurance functions.
- As directed, assists with survey processes.
- This position requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and the ability to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm; good verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; one or more years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Successful completion of a nurse assistant, or training and competency evaluation program, including passing of the certification exam.