Are you a self-starter that takes pride in your work and loves troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing issues within mechanical, electrical (specifically welding) and pneumatic systems? Are you mechanically inclined and comfortable in a production welding environment? Do you have experience working with customers to solve their problems and leading training sessions about products and processes? Can you build relationships with customers to become a trusted adviser?
The ITW MIG Gun Division (Bernard and Tregaskiss) is currently looking for a Field Technical Support Specialist (FSS) to supplement our existing world-class Technical Support team with an emphasis in Oil and Gas, General Fabrication/Manufacturing and Construction/Infrastructure markets. Reporting directly to the MIG Gun Division Technical Services Manager, this position is ideally located in TX, MS or LA.
This FSS will be tasked with supporting our highest priority 80’s end users with the fast, reliable technical assistance they’ve come to expect from Bernard/Tregaskiss. Support will be required in-person or over the phone/email. This individual will also contribute to on-going updates and additions to our internal product database (TRD) as well as technical manuals, instructions and CAD model requests. The FSS will assist our outside sales team members to win new business and defend current by offering best in class technical support. These tasks include troubleshooting, technical/repair/product training, facility audits, ROI calculations, product recommendations and equipment optimization. Our FSS team also works with Product Line Managers at both Bernard and Tregaskiss to identify trends in the field (product needs, customer pains, etc.) and help conduct field trial testing on-site at customer locations. You will also be responsible for developing and delivering training content to our internal and external teams.
This FSS will need to be able to travel approximately 60% of the time to regularly support major end users throughout the southern US. Occasional trips to major accounts on either coast and some international travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, strong Microsoft suite skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) and is proficient in web-based tools (Concur, D-365). We are looking for a self-starter that works well within a team environment and independently. A company truck, phone, laptop and tool kit will be provided.
Required Education, Background:
- Post-secondary Engineering degree/diploma or technical degree/diploma equivalent (min. 3 yr. program) or five (5) years + of relevant work experience – welding engineer, weld tech, maintenance manager, field support, etc.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing customer expectations in production environments – Oil and Gas, General Fabrication/Manufacturing and Construction/Infrastructure markets preferred. Sales experience is also an asset.
- Understanding of the GMAW welding process and equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills – demonstrated ability to separate and evaluate individual systems (pneumatic, mechanical and electrical) to determine root cause/failure mode(s).
- Experience troubleshooting industrial controls – Ethernet IP, PLCs, robot programming, etc. is an asset.
- Background in welding automation is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are essential to this role
- Must be comfortable presenting information and training to large groups
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and web-based solutions (Power Point, Word, Excel, Concur, D365, etc.)
Oil And Gas