Bloomberg is a leading provider of custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) provides a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for handling all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL strategy index families within the AMER region. Reporting to the AMER Strategy Index Production TL, you will ensure that index data is calculated and published accurately and on time every day. You will ensure client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with the Engineering team to design and build the tools and technology required for the aforesaid tasks.
We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Run daily production tasks, responding to events raised in the index monitoring console
- Become a subject matter authority in multiple asset classes, related data and indices (global equities, commodities, currencies, etc.)
- Perform index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries
- Work closely with the Index Product team and Engineering team, to develop work flows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- Identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders in a timely and concise manner
- Learn complex business and technology processes and actively contributing to their evolution
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A deep understanding of the Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dedication to quality
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
We'd love to see:
- Technology skills (Python & SQL)
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high pressure environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Strategy Index Production Analyst
- Attention To Detail
- Capital Markets
- Commodity Market