Responsible for providing administrative support to attorneys and other timekeepers, successfully managing multiple projects and priorities. Works in a team of specialists, sharing responsibility for support to assigned timekeepers. Communicates effectively, courteously, and professionally with clients, visitors, staff, and timekeepers. Demonstrates good grammar, spelling, and proofreading, as well as strong technical and organizational skills.
This firm is looking for someone with executive-level experience, strong written and oral communication skills to interface with clients, and capable of learning the nuances of patent/Intellectual Property as it pertains to litigation. They should be familiar with filing in the federal courts and have knowledge of federal court rules and processes.
SEND RESUME TO Email blocked - click to apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepares documents: Types, transcribes, revises and proofreads legal documents accurately, prioritizes assignments, and meets specific deadlines on projects. Prepares documents for e-filing as required.
• Coordinates schedules: Assists in coordinating timekeeper calendars, and meeting arrangements. Makes travel arrangements and prepares itineraries.
• Coordinates accounting administrative functions: Prepares expense reports and reimbursement requests. Coordinates client billing matters, prepares billing letters and other requested client financial updates; assists attorneys with tracking and monitoring alternative fee arrangements; assists attorneys with automation, tracking and monitoring of matter budgets. Enters billable time periodically as needed.
• Processes new client/matter intake: Prepares and processes new matter forms, requests conflict checks, and opens new files.
• Processes mail: Reviews and routes incoming mail and fax communications. Prepares and processes outgoing mail and faxes, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required. Ensures that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included. Coordinates activities with the Office Services department as needed.
• Maintains files: Maintains paper and electronic files in compliance with current policies. Works with Records Department to create and maintain client files and indexes. Marks case or matter related documents with filing instructions to ensure proper filing. Performs routine filing and retrieves files as needed.
• Provides general administrative support: Maintains attorney contacts, tracks requirements and activity related to CLE and memberships.
• Works collaboratively in a team: Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and communication with team members and all Firm personnel. Actively participates in regular team meetings to discuss current projects and workflow. Takes personal responsibility for regularly exchanging information and training tips with team members for maximum job effectiveness.
• Logs projects: Updates project log with pending and completed tasks.
• Other: Operates office equipment including PCs, printers, phones, copiers, facsimiles and typewriters. Copes successfully with demands from timekeepers, remaining calm under pressure. Conducts all business in a confidential manner. Other duties as assigned.
Transcription, e-File, Proofreading, Proofreading, Coordinating Schedules, Expense Reports, Reimbursement Requests, Reimbursement Requests, Billing, Billing Software for Attorneys, Filing, Project Coordination
SEND RESUME TO Email blocked - click to apply
Located in major North American and global markets, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams' industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.
Call your local Robert Half Legal office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to discover more about this position. Apply for this job now or contact our branch office for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Robert Half is not a law firm and does not provide legal representation.
© 2019 Robert Half Legal. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Continuing Legal Education