Bethesda Brings out the Best in Talented, Caring People! At Bethesda, more than 1,200 employees dedicate their careers to improving the lives of others. Bethesda has been named to the select group of those earning recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in St. Louis for the past four years.
The Receptionist is responsible for responding to the incoming telephone calls and greeting visitors in a manner, which conveys a friendly, caring, interested, helpful, and home-like atmosphere. He/She answers call on the multi-line switchboard, routing calls to the appropriate departments, residents, or employees. He/She is responsible for initiating fire and safety systems that are located at the Front Desk and relays emergency situations as they are reported.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Answer the multi-line switchboard, transfer calls, take and deliver messages.
* Greet visitors and guest and provide direction and/or connection to the right person.
* Enter daily census into the computer system, prepare reports, and submit end of month summary to Administrator.
* Receive and distribute mail and ensure outgoing mail is mailed daily.
* Initiate fire and safety systems.
* Relay emergency information transmitting from Personal Emergency Transmitter (PETS).
* Place 911 calls in emergency situations, relaying all information in a calm, professional manner.
* Relay telephone “Off the Hook” alerts to appropriate staff.
* Monitor alarms for the generator, smoke and Fire Control Systems Alarms and follows through until cleared.
* Operate remote entry system.
* Operate two-way radio communication system.
* Maintain documentation of all residents entry and exit from the facility.
* Perform other duties as requested.
* Education and Training/Experience
* Must be at least 16 years of age.
* Customer Service: 1 year
* Clerical: 1 year