$24.00 to $28.00 hourly
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Salaried Professional team. As a Salaried Professional you will be a full time employee of Robert Half earning a salary, comprehensive benefits, and bonuses.
As a Salaried Professional, you will be placed on medium to long term engagements that will allow you to excel while gaining knowledge of new softwares, industries and opportunities. When you are in between assignments you will still receive a paycheck from us while working on and developing additional personal and professional skills. If you like going into a foreign set of circumstances and working on a project or fixing what's broken at a company, this is the job for you!!!
Some of the projects that you would work on include:
• System conversions
• Medical/Maternity Leaves
• Annual Audits
• Staff Reductions
• Peak Workload Demands
This is an ongoing opportunity for a strong Staff Accountant. As a Salaried Professional the more diverse your background the better! The ideal Staff Accountant will have experience preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. The Staff Accountant should have knowledge of many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This position is very involved as it will require you to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This opportunity offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliation including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
• Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
• Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
• Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
• In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliation
• Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
• Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
If interested send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
This Position requires
• A diverse background and a willingness to learn
• Technical knowledge and experience working in large accounting packages
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
• 3+ years of experience in accounting
• A willingness to adapt to different environments and situations
If interested send your resume to Greg.Gisiano@accountemps.com
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans