Director of Product Development and Engineering (PD&E)
We are seeking a Director for the Product Design & Engineering (PD&E) Team. We need a demonstrated leader and team builder to develop the people that will produce our next generation of products and devices. This role offers a great opportunity to lead, hire, and develop an elite team of Engineers and Technologists.
The Director, is a functional expert in product development, production, and new material and component identification and creation. The role serves as the leader of all key strategic innovations initiatives and projects related to innovations, new material and technology development, prototype to production as well as the tools and systems that support development of product across the brand’s portfolio.
They control every aspect of product creation from initial sketches to production, and are driving the rapid growth of WET’s portfolio.
• Drive the company strategy in regards to Product & Device Innovation and Development
• Allocate resources ranging from intern to senior across dozens of simultaneous projects
• Track and report status of all NPI programs to senior management
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and development to all members of PDE team
• Set direction, aligns goals and objectives and inspires an innovative, high performing, and collaborative environment
• Investigates new, innovative sources of production and technological advancements
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Materials, Manufacturing, Production, Design, Quality, Assembly, and Field Services
• A Champion of innovation! Expert performance-based innovation knowledge and exceptional design skills
• A builder! Develop proof of concept and testing to ensure function, form and manufacturability
• Crystal clear! You are able to articulate complicated ideas with very few words. You are an expert listener and can pinpoint what compels an audience
• Deadline driven! You use data and team member inputs to make decisions on prioritization and resource allocation. You set measures for success and are committed to quantifying impact. Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• A team manager! This team manages tight deadlines and works with the newest technology. Responsible for the leadership and development of a team. Sets direction, aligns goals and objectives and inspires an innovative, high performing, and collaborative environment
• Creative & collaborative! You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of other departments
• A fountain of knowledge! You have depth and breadth in a wide variety of verticals such as; DFM, DFA, FEA, Drafting, Modeling, Testing, Rapid Prototyping, CFD, Optics, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing and Production process, Assembly, Sustaining and optimization
• BS or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline
• Strong grasp of laws of Physics and ability to push their boundaries
• 10+ years of leadership experience, managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
• End-to-end development on products of reasonable complexity
• Familiarity with matrixed organizations, modern agile/lean engineering methods and modern philosophies of team building and retention
• Ability to travel across the world
- Agile Methodology
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computational Fluid Dynamics