To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Utility Back-up Machine Operator - Chicago Racine
OSI Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor the machine operator will be responsible for the set up and operation of the assigned production equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Set up assigned equipment each day according to the posted production schedule and as required based on the product specifications. Disassemble at the close of each day for sanitation.
- Complete and verify daily HACCP Paperwork
- Complete assigned PM’s within timeframe allotted
- Centerline equipment and maintain OEE @95% or greater
- Complete and Maintain Batch Reports: Process Sheets, Consumption, FG Reporting etc.
- Coordinate with the Quality team to ensure testing criteria is met
- Work hand in hand with Maintenance during break downs to understand equipment functions
- Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures.
- Monitor equipment operations; troubleshoot and resolve basic malfunctions, notify the maintenance staff when significant issues occur.
- Work with the maintenance staff to establish and implement preventative maintenance programs and best practice equipment operation methods.
- Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults
- Controlling and adjusting machine settings.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in production area; maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with existing policy.
- Comply with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, and employment and work rules. Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices to comply with regulatory program requirements.
- Perform and follow lock out tag out procedures
- Must be able to work in a cold environment 34-45 degrees.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written specifications, blueprints or schematics.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.