We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Supply Chain Data Analyst
Job Description Summary
The Supply Chain Data Analyst will be organizing and analyzing data from various sources with the purpose of turning numbers into information and action. Take questions and request information at the appropriate level to provide more than just numbers, but context and recommendations of analysis to our team using a variety of data analysis and statistics. The SCM Data Analyst will effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the global SCM organization. Integrate, transform and improve volumes of data at the SCM department for a streamlined processes that will bring greater efficiency and smarter, more informed decision-making process to the leaders.
- Responsible for Sharepoint electronic 5S and access authorization process.
- Mines data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or even our systems. E.g. customer portals, SharePoint,etc
- Designs and maintains data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- A good portion of this position is preparing reports for executive leadership and regional leaders that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data. E.g.: KPI Scorecard month-end close process, Pre Corp review.
- Collaborates with IT team programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Uses statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Creates appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Train, support and collaborates within SCM and other functions, such as procurement and finance.
- Establish and maintain documented standards when applicable.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree in analytics, computer modeling, science, or math.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- BI tools
- 2+ years of experience
- Previous experience in supply chain or relevant field.
- Oracle knowledge
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Supply Chain Data Analyst
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Process Improvements (Business)