Bonaventure Senior Living is seeking a motivated and results driven individual to join our team as the Divisional Director of Dining Services.
At Bonaventure, our purpose, our passion, and our promise to seniors is to provide them with a lifestyle we call “Retirement Perfected.” An exceptional, consistent Dining Experience is integral to our vision of “Retirement Perfected.” We are looking to add a Divisional Director of Dining Services
to our team to help our communities fulfill this promise. This person will have the opportunity to make an impact on the most important part of our seniors’ day, use their experience and knowledge to innovate and drive this program, and be a part of a dynamic team of leaders who are focused on being the best.
As the Divisional Director of Dining Services, you will implement and provide support for all dining initiatives across our portfolio of communities and will be responsible for bringing profitability, creativity, innovation and operational excellence to Bonaventure’s Dining Services program. This will include implementing and supporting strategic initiatives at the home office, regional and local levels with the help of a regional dining team that you will oversee. In this role, we will depend on you and your team to administer and train on “Best Practices” to the field, as well as support the communities in maximizing profitability and resident satisfaction.
Responsibilities/Expectations will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan strategies and direction for dining services at our communities, evaluating them physically, conceptually, operationally and financially
- Visit properties to undertake operational and dining satisfaction reviews; work with community staff and regional dining staff to develop improvement plans to enhance resident satisfaction
- Define and develop Bonaventure’s core operating, service and procurement standards. Identify and share best practices to achieve consistent performance and execution throughout our communities
- Develop an execution plan to implement long term goals for the dining department that will become the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for the company
- Lead all aspects of the Dining Services portions for new development projects
- Develop and deploy dining training programs
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Regional Directors to review monthly financials and performance related to dining
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in high quality restaurant/bar or other hospitality food operations, including large scale banquet and catering.
They will also demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills-both written and verbal. Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate, influence others and mitigate conflict
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with strategic commitments
- Ability to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Strong customer service skills and a passion for excellence
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required
- 7 plus (7+) years of Managerial experience
- 5 plus (5+) years of Director level Managerial experience
- Ability to travel regularly throughout Oregon, Washington and Colorado
- Excellent compensation package
- Generous 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Education reimbursements
- Excellent team environment
Bonaventure is a family of companies dedicated to developing and providing an exceptional senior lifestyle. Bonaventure’s consistent success has been based upon a simple formula: engaged and satisfied residents, happy team members and fiscally responsible growth.
This formula has taken Bonaventure from the two-community company it started out as in 1999 to a portfolio of 29 architecturally refined and amenity-rich senior living communities with a focus on multi-use campuses providing retirement living assisted living and memory care. A solid sustainable growth plan allows us to continually develop and build new communities in new markets to spread the “Retirement Perfected™' lifestyle throughout the west. But we believe our greatest accomplishment is our resident satisfaction, with more than 9 out of 10 residents enthusiastically recommending us to their friends and family.
Bonaventure Senior Living achieves one of the highest resident satisfaction ratings in the industry
through a belief in the importance of choice, independence and fun for each resident, dedicated and well-trained staff members, branded activity and culinary programs and, above all, extraordinary service. We seek out and hire the most qualified personnel and enhance their capabilities with training and support that far exceeds industry standards.
Keywords: Executive Chef, Chef, Dining Services, Food Services, Manager, Dietary, Nutrition, Restaurant, Menu, Creative, Senior, Elderly, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Senior Housing. AL, Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, CCRC, Communities, Continuous Care Retirement Community, Independent Living, Long Term Care, Nursing Home, Retirement Communities, Retirement Homes, Senior Housing, Senior Living, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Jobs, Careers, Openings, Opportunities, Search, Employment, Management, Management Trainee. Job Titles: Chef, Food Services Director, Food Services Manager, Dining Manager, Dining Services Director, Dietary Manager, Dietary Services Director #Bonaventure
Training And Development