To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lead, Food Technologist
Acosta Field • Hickory, NC
Posted 4 days ago
This position is responsible for working with Acosta customers and Fresh Operations team to ensure maximum sales and profits by continuously evaluating, training and communicating the customer’s expectations. This role will partner with the client/customer, and the senior leadership team to lead compliance efforts, set performance expectations, and keep up to date knowledge with industry trends and standards while executing ongoing training initiatives, guidelines and business plans.Responsibilities
- Work closely with Acosta’s Customer base to identify areas of development opportunity for associates working in specialized retail units such as: Bakery Arts, Deli meats, or Fresh Foods preservation.
- Partner with customer to understand the training needs, assign and execute formalized training programs, plans and curriculum that align with the business needs.
- Facilitate training and development programs to ensure performance and financial metrics are achieved. Gather feedback from training sessions and communicate the feedback to the Acosta Senior Leadership Team.
- Continuously staying up to day with industry trends and performing effectiveness assessments throughout training delivery.
- Represents the company in a professional capacity to ensure that available Food Technologists are properly trained to handle the details of a Fresh Foods department on a day-to-day basis.
- Travels and visits Customers independently to ensure training standards and requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or Work Experience equivalent to a 4 Year Degree Program from an accredited College or University
- Must have 5 years related technical experience of core retail Fresh Foods and/or Bakery and/or Deli operations.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years managerial experience.
- Must possess the ability to influence and support senior leaders to implement best practices
- Must know the details of Fresh Foods and/or Bakery and/or Deli operations.
- Must possess Fresh Foods and/or Bakery and/or Deli production skills.
- Must be able to individually and as part of team set up displays and participate in resets and remodels.
- Must assist with club openings and remodels.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, and must be able to present to a multitude of audiences.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize
- Must possess the ability to manage financials, including P&L responsibilities.
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft office products which include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver’s license