SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
Reports to IT Development Manager. Plans, develops, tests, maintains, and documents computer applications and databases by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Evaluate user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine time required and compatibility with current system and computer capabilities.
* Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
* Read manuals, periodicals, technical reports, and research using other available information to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
* Formulate plan outlining steps required to develop programs.
* Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps programs must follow and describe logical operations involved.
* Design user interfaces to accomplish goals of user requests.
* Convert project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer.
* Program by encoding project requirements into computer language. Utilize commands to run and test programs.
* Read computer output or observe user interface to detect syntax or logic errors during program tests or use diagnostic software to detect errors.
* Replace, delete, or modify software to correct errors.
* Analyze, review, and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
* Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections for both internal use and to comply with auditor requirements.
* Write documentation for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assist users to solve operating problems.
* Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and modify programs to correct errors.
* Train users to use programs and provide technical assistance.
* Install and test programs at user site. Verify accuracy and performance of programs after implementation and correct any problems caused by the implementation.
* Provide 24x7 technical support on a rotation basis following guidelines set by management.
* Responds to helpdesk calls to assist users when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree plus five years related experience and/or training. A minimum of five years recent experience on IBM i system using RPG Free, RPG ILE, RPG IV, RPG III, procedures, service programs, CL, DB2 for i, DDL, DDS, SQL, embedded SQL, and subfiles.
Experience with Word, Excel, and flowcharting tools is needed. Ability to compose simple business correspondence, calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts along with the means to apply problem solving skills. Experience with Aldon LMi, Fresche X-Analysis, RDi, TL Ashford, Mimix, stored procedures, Java, ASP.NET or VB.NET is a plus.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
Ibm Rpg (Programming Language)
Mimix Availability (Software)
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)