AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit URL blocked - click to apply
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) for Navistar is responsible to develop the short, medium and long term strategies for the key accounts established by the Truck & Bus Sales Segment Leader. He/she further monitors and ensures execution of the strategies to meet the revenue and profitability targets agreed to. The Key Account Manager is the critical link between the strategic customer and AkzoNobel. Fundamental to this role is anticipating and understanding the customer needs, and liaising and advocating within AkzoNobel to manage, communicate, and satisfy those needs. There are dozens of contacts at these key accounts, spread across multiple North American locations that contribute to decision making. The Navistar KAM must manage these contacts, match them with the appropriate internal contacts and leverage them where appropriate to ensure successful execution of our strategy.
Field based support role traveling between the Navistar locations in Springfield, OH, Tulsa, OK and Monterrey Mexico.
The KAM continues to build on existing business integration. Work with Key Account and AkzoNobel teams to ensure existing business is prioritized in order that customer satisfaction is not sacrificed. The objective here is 100% customer retention.
- Develops business plans and strategies towards the assigned accounts with the objective to produce profitable growth and a sustainable, mutually beneficial business relationship
- Rolls-out and coordinates with in facility and regional tech service managers the agreed strategies towards the selected key accounts and prospects
- Negotiates long term agreements with the key accounts, in accordance with the agreed strategies.
- Regularly visits all relevant sites, departments and personnel associated with the assigned key accounts to maintain close contact with the marketplace and to manage the relationships with the assigned key accounts.
- Analyzes present and future market trends/situations and customer feedback in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Plans, monitors, participates in and reports both internally and externally on the execution of the activities conducted with regard to the designated key accounts in order to inform the management team.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the assigned accounts by participating in the customer events.
- Identifies and follows up on significant business opportunities, pinpoints the existing and/or potential problems and arranges for their resolution.
- Gets familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all their regulations.
- Participates in budget setting for appropriate current and target accounts.
- Functions as primary stakeholder for customer related activity. Has to take responsibility to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 7-10 years sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or good knowledge of Truck and Bus Automotive OE and/or Industrial/Commercial finishing processes
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at customer accounts and internal management.
- Experience with Navistar or other truck OEM’s is highly desirable
- Bilingual a plus (English / Spanish)
- Must be able to travel approximately 75% of the time between, Tulsa OK, Springfield OH and Monterrey Mexico
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)