Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Consumer Goods Sales Manager to join our Hardlines team in El Segundo, CA.
Intertek's Hardlines business helps retailers, brands and manufacturers to ensure their products meet safety, regulatory, quality, and performance standards.
Our technical experts work proactively to help industry stakeholders overcome challenges and protect both consumers and the overall global marketplace. We have decades of experience in the industry, strong relationships with local governments and NGOs and actively participate in statutory committees and standards development bodies. This helps us to stay ahead of the market and keep our customers at the forefront of all changes to testing methodologies, safety requirements, environmental interests and other standards and regulations.
- Drives and generates opportunities for revenue growth within assigned account and consistent with Intertek global key account initiatives and strategies
- Responsible for developing new business opportunities by sourcing new client’s opportunities
- Manages, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall procedures and goals for newly acquired accounts
- Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements
- Handles network activity to ensure, SOP compliance and prompt and accurate response to client inquiries or assignments
- Collaborate with Marketing to help develop and implement marketing strategies based on client and industry trends, along with surveillance of competitor products sales and marketing activities
- Develops and delivers presentations to prospective clients on attributes of Intertek services to support and expand client base
- Networks with industry contacts through trade shows and industry associations.
- Acts as liaison as needed between Customers and Account Managers and Operations Teams to resolve any business issues.
- Works in in a professional manner and in conjunction with local and global Intertek operations and client services staff to achieve client deliverables and exceed expectations
- Responsible for obtaining revenue through focused sales and hunting effort against a list of prospects
- Responsible for the completion of RFI's and/or RFP's issued by potential clients
- Writes proposals including costs and timing of projects
- Submits forecasts, activity reports and other analyses required to assess the status of sales efforts, primarily through daily usage of the CRM
- Meet defined key performance indicators, as outlined in client requirements, programs and other agreements, and preparation and presentation for Client performance review meetings
- Creates and executes strategic account plans in support of target account activity
- May coordinate and negotiate with the product development, marketing and/or sales group
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of consumer goods hardlines products through previous work and/or sales experience. Categories such as: Toys, Juvenile Products, Sporting Goods, Jewelry, and Housewares with 3-5 years of technical sales/business development experience within the consumer goods industry.
- Proven track record of meeting new business targets when selling service-based solutions.
- Excellent presentation and client facing skills.
- Motivated “can-do” approach.
- Ability to organize and plan workload efficiently; yet adaptable to day-to-day changes as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business skills are needed to proactively identify opportunities, seek out and cultivate relationships, and translate customer priorities into product-based solutions.
- Domestic Travel up to 25%
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills are required to allow for efficient allocation of resources; project management is a plus
- Project Management experience preferred
- Graduate level education a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
New Product Development