Freese and Nichols is seeking a CAD Designer to join our Transportation group in our Pearland or Houston office.
* Takes a wholistic view of the project and provides project level input.
* Develops a trusted relationship with engineers based on sound and successful demonstrated input and outcomes.
* Prepares detail and layout drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of theoretical and practical engineering knowledge.
* Performs discipline design tasks which regularly require the application of fundamental engineering concepts with some input and direction from the engineer or architect.
* May provide conceptual input to projects during the planning stages.
* Generates redline markups for CAD Staff to complete.
* Ensures output is professional and consistent with prevailing standards.
* Interfaces with other departments, clients, vendors, and project engineers in order to support project production.
* Provides basic training and guidance to staff.
* Performs quality control on deliverables and provides Continuous Improvement input.
* May lead CAD activities on projects.
* May manage CAD Library for discipline.
* Other duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and activities may change at any time.
* 10 years of experience with a broad base in engineering design and technical support of engineering.
* Advanced expertise in computer operation and in CAD software.
* Proven ability to learn, adapt, and problem solve to produce accurate and quality deliverables.
* High School diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in CAD preferred.
At Freese and Nichols, everyone on our team gets to make a meaningful difference in our communities. For more than 125 years, we have been planning and designing the infrastructure our society needs: developing water supplies, designing roadways and bridges, preparing for natural disasters, and much more. We've built our business on long-term relationships with clients and employees alike, resulting in financial stability, career opportunities, and a nationally recognized workplace culture.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) matching, paid overtime for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Our unique culture creates an environment for professional growth where we focus on caring for our clients, coworkers, and the communities where we work. Join our team of 1,000 employees as we continue to expand our services throughout the United States. Learn more about working here at freese.com/careers.
Freese and Nichols is a federal contractor subject to President Biden's Executive Order 14042 requiring COVID vaccinations for employees of firms that have federal government contracts. All persons hired by Freese and Nichols are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption. Proof of vaccination, an approved medical exemption form or an approved religious exemption form will be required.
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
We recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we strive to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. As a Federal Contractor, Freese and Nichols is an equal employment, affirmative action employer.
- Business Process Improvement
- Engineering Design Process