Our client is currently seeking a CNC Machinist
Looking for an additional CNC Machinist; primarily Lathe work.
Full-time position available for an experienced all-around machinist with emphasis on CNC Lathes. Candidate must be able to use precision measuring instruments, interpret prints, perform set-ups and do first piece inspection. Basic knowledge of G-code programming a plus.
● Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment / supplies.
● Programs lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches.
• Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, stops, and indicating vices.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work-pieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
• Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts.
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Performs routine maintenance on machines. Fluid levels, cleaning, etc.
● High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in relevant discipline is a plus.
● Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
● Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
● Computer skills with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
● Mechanical aptitude and basic math skills.
● Good communication abilities.
Replace Damaged Component
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)