Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for greeting patients and collecting, recording and balancing payments.
Schedule is Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm.
- Greet patients as they arrive and manages 20-minute wait time
- Assist patient with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manage cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Manage medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensure all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in a timely manner
- Process requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical office experience including data entry
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- Bilingual Spanish
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- ICD 9 and CPT coding experience
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Administrative, Medical Office, Coordinator, Medical Terminology, Front Desk, ICD-10, Medicare, Seniors, WellMed, Clinic, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, FL, Florida