This position is primarily responsible for assembling compressor stations, dispensers, and other CNG equipment. The components assembled include compressors, electric motors, engines, piping, tubing, filters, coolers, fans, enclosures, grating, safety relief valves, and manual and actuated ball valves. Operators follow engineering drawings, work order information, manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and other written and verbal specifications, if applicable, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review print package to understand project scope.
- Inspect the material provided on the work order, as well as the work order itself, for correctness and conformance to the ANGI quality standards.
- Assemble the compressor, dispenser or other equipment using proper assembly methods, data obtained in the manufacturing procedures and good workmanship skills.
- Notify the area supervisor of any questionable situation or non-conforming parts, assembly or work encountered. A “Non-Conformance Report” must be written per ANGI standards. (Supervisors assist when necessary.)
- Return unused materials to rack for return to the stockroom along with the proper paperwork. Identify BOM discrepancies and suggest solutions.
- Identify suspect materials and rejected parts with a rejected tag per ANGI procedures.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working area.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Works safely; takes accountability for self and others
- Works proficiently and accurately to control costs while maintaining high quality standards
- On-time shipping performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be safety conscious, with an excellent safety record.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be proficient using various measuring tools, such as tape measures and scales.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to learn tube bending.