To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.Responsible for the following in a manner that ensures the accuracy and timeliness of departmental deliverables: *Oversees the gathering and reconciling of data from large disparate healthcare billing, market, state data and other data systems (e.g., including but not limited to state databases such as CHIME, SPARCS, RI and MA; Claritas; Crimson and other physician databases; membership databases such as PHIS, UHC, Sg2, Advisory Board; RIMS/SDK; Epic; and other) *Cleaning, organizing, reconciling and preparing data for analyses using SQL *Acting as department liaison to external data consultants *Manipulating large data sets using Excel Pivot Tables and SQL among other tools *Providing planning and decision making support through data analysis, modeling and forecasting *Developing understanding of medical and planning terminology, code sets and topics (e.g., service lines) *Assisting Planners and Executives in creating accurate, value-add executive summaries, reports, presentations, memos and other deliverables *Providing process improvement *Providing planning maps using available software systems (CHIMEmaps, Google Earth, MapPoint, etc.) *Independently researching and recommending best practices for data management and analysis *Proactively providing suggestions for improving department data analytics *Providing service excellence as a positive team member and contributor who is recognized as being a strong communicator, an effective problem-solver, open-minded/flexible, helpful, friendly and personally effective & accountable. *Completing other tasks as assignedEEO/AA/Disability/VeteranResponsibilities
- 1. Designs and maintains relational databases.
- 1.1 Maintains and improves standard central databases for efficiency and effectiveness as measured by team deliverable timeliness and accuracy.
- 2. Performs high-level data analyses using internal and external relational databases, including State, National, Physician, Membership, Billing and other databases.
- 2.1 Ensures accurate and timely uploading of purchased data sets into the centralized standard database(s) to minimize downtime and facilitate accurate and timely deliverables.
- 3. Effectively interfaces and coordinates with other individuals to integrate and understand data from other information systems internally, (RIMS, SDK, Transfers-In) and externally (CHIME, SPARCS, Claritas, Crimson, UHC, PHIS, Sg2, Advisory Board and others).
- 3.1 Maintains up-to-date logbooks of all data file details, including data dictionaries/glossaries and latest codebooks.
- 4. Interacts with Senior Management, Physicians, Department Heads, etc., with a customer focus at all times--demonstrated through proactive and effective problem-solving, process improvements.
- 5. Pursues professional growth through development of service line expertise and participation in appropriate approved seminars and conferences that further professional knowledge that is aligned with the work of the department.
Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, or related field with emphasis in information management. Master's Degree preferred.
A minimum of six (6) years of experience in independently gathering, reconciling, summarizing, analyzing and reporting complex, detailed dataset research, preferably in a healthcare organization. Candidate must demonstrate a strong aptitude in Microsoft Excel (specificallly Pivot Tables), SQL, Access, Word and PowerPoint. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, the ability to think critically, the ability to manage multiple complex work tasks simultaneously, and the ability to improve existing processes. Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful and comprehensive analysis of data using the appropriate technical tools.
As part of the interview process, candidates must complete various tests and provide a short presentation.
Strong Microsoft Excel (specifically Pivot Tables), SQL, Access and relational databases, Word and PowerPoint skills are required. Experience with large databases (such as CHIME, SPARCS, Claritas, RIMS/SDK), mapping software (CHIMEmaps, Google Earth, Map Point, other), inpatient/outpatient code definitions (MS-DRGs, APR-DRGs, ICD-9s, CPTs, HCUPS, etc.) and internal/external relational databases strongly preferred.
Work hour flexibility required for busy periods such as quarter-end, year-end, and major deliverable deadlines.
Process Improvements (Business)