BUSINESS: CIRCOR Portland Valve
LOCATION: WARREN MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Production Supervisor
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
Perform diversified arc, SMAW, GTAW and acetylene duties on production, salvage or maintenance parts for both Navy and Commercial product.
- Produce a variety of high quality welds utilizing GTAW (TIG) and SMAW (Stick) welding processes. X-ray quality welds will be required for specific joints, applications, and welder performance qualifications.
- Perform welding using a 2-axis tilt and rotate positioners.
- Perform production and repair welding to castings, forgings, piping, and plate made from a variety of alloys including, but not limited to, Carbon Steel, 70/30 Copper Nickel, Nickel-Copper, Stainless Steel, Inconel, and HY-80.
- Perform welding of a verity of different joint types, including Full Penetration single-bevel joints with backing, or double-bevel joints without backing, Piping and Socket seal, Cladding for corrosion resistance, and Hardfacing for wear resistance.
- Assemble parts and weld joints together with care and safety.
- Perform pre-weld and in-process welding inspections.
- Ability to identify machining discrepancies or welding and casting defects.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems, determining causes, and requesting for repair documentation as needed.
- Verify one’s own work for compliance with the requirements and report any deviations from specifications to management.
- Complete all necessary documentation and work in strict compliance with company and customer procedures and policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following company 5-S practices.
- Assist department head as needed.
- Accomplish manufacturing and organization goals by completing tasks as required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in producing high quality welds in pipe and plate, or training equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment (or training equivalent).
- Experience welding on U.S. Navy product or vessels would be a plus.
- Successful completion vocational training, or a Welding certification program, or the equivalent in proven experience required (Previous employer certifications).
- Excellent proficiency with GTAW (TIG) and SMAW (stick) welding processes are required.
- Must be attentive to detail
- Ability to read blueprints per AWS A2.4, drawings, and specifications necessary
- Basic reading and math skills required
- U.S. Citizen is required for DOD requirements.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail