To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 6 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldComputer Scientist
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Design/develop software and hardware solutions for interfacing gimbals, cameras, lenses, and human interface devices.
- Test, calibrate, and configure complex high speed imaging instrumentation systems
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing hardware and software within EOTS
- Provide technical expertise in research and investigation of emerging imaging technologies to support flight test requirements
- Provide EOTS operations project support as needed
- Knowledge in computer software/hardware, automated data processing systems, and computer systems interfacing is helpful
- Proficiency with C++ required
- Proficiency with Python and Qt Framework desired
- Problem-solving skills, critical analysis, and attention to detail are highly desired
- Familiarity with video encoding and codecs is a plus
- Position will require some travel and occasional overtime
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work smoothly as a member of a technical team.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screenings
- Applicants must possess a valid Driver’s License
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- U S Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions may vary. Work is performed both in enclosed buildings and in an outside work environment. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.