We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Our Margin Analyst team is a critical piece of the Revenue Management operations. You will partner with a Regional Margin Manager to support two ATD regions. Together, in partnership with the Field Sales organization, you will help those regions achieve their revenue and margin targets. You will look at products, brands and customers to determine what is going right and wrong. Analyze pricing requests and decisions to determine the financial impact. Track the performance of past decisions so we can learn from them. Some of the work will be ‘in the weeds’ looking at a SKU (item) for one customer to understand how the pricing got set or how our price compares to a competitor. Other assignments will be broader in scope. You will be called upon to work on many margin growth special projects. We need you to be able to build models and employ advanced analytic techniques (e.g., elasticities, regression and other deep-dive analysis).
We want this role to be an analytical talent pipeline into ATD. There are places within Revenue Management that you can grow but there are also other teams across the company that can use your skills. We will help you develop and contribute in your current role while preparing you for whatever lies ahead for you at ATD.
- Own essential elements of pricing analytics. Lead the collection of pricing data, create frameworks for pricing decisions, and identify opportunities to optimize sales.
- Apply advanced statistical and analytic techniques to large amounts of data with the goal of driving business decisions and providing the primary input in evolving the company’s pricing strategies.
- Develop detailed pricing and demand models (incl. cannibalization), elasticity analyses, and measure the effectiveness of pricing strategy shifts.
- Suggest and implement enhancements to existing pricing processes and systems
- Models the impact of pricing strategy revisions by conducting what-if analysis on pricing actions. Shares insights and develops the analytics and RevMan-related skills of the broader organization.
- Act as the subject matter expert on complex pricing analyses and executive requests, from data acquisition using SQL to formulation of pricing strategy and presentation to executive audiences
Key Partners (Positions):
- Revenue management team members
- Advanced Analytics COE
- Category management
- Field Sales leadership
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
Education: Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Methods, Finance, Business, related fields, or equivalent years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred: MS in Business Analytics / Data Science, MBA with a specialization in Analytics or Revenue Management.
Experience: Pricing or Revenue Management experience is desirable but not required; likely candidate will have a ~5 year experience in a highly analytical and technical role.
- Productive – former managers frequently marveled at the volume of high quality work you could produce
- Advanced analytics expertise
- Ability to effectively and efficiently convey complex data/findings
- Strong business acumen and judgement
- Demonstrate organizational empathy while delivering results. You will be coming in from the outside. Build relationships, demonstrate your value and earn respect.
- Ability to tackle a project in a new area by employing problem structuring, analytics and problem solving approach
- Project management
- Team/people management
- Expert level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, intermediate or higher PowerPoint skills
- Strong data manipulation, modeling and data visualization skillsets using Excel, R, SQL and Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent leadership capabilities and communication and documentation skills
- Proactive and works effectively under tight timelines
- Be accountable
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R12588