Position Open: September 14, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Civil/Transportation Engineering Student.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We seek to hire a Civil/Transportation Engineering Student in our Virginia Beach, VA; Richmond, VA; or Vienna, VA offices beginning in Summer 2022 who will perform various tasks within the transportation department that may entail special project assignments and/or active involvement in project design and documentation.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of discipline design as directed by a senior or lead Engineer including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for transportation projects
- Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Develop analysis and design skills
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Engineers, Engineers
- Working with a team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
Currently enrolled as a full-time student in an ABET accredited program and have completed at least their first year of study in one of the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering
- Civil Engineering Technology
Should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Should have working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
One previous engineering internship or have relevant work experience is preferred
- Ability to arrange housing for the period of employment
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
- Civil Engineering
- Transport Engineering
- Environmental Engineering