The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world's largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Technology Support Manager will provide leadership over a sub-set of Enviva's Technology Solution Center (TSC) team members to ensure the daily delivery of an outstanding level of customer service to our entire user community. Reporting to Director, IT Service Operations this manager is responsible for leadership of the service desk team, incident, problem and change functions, client device asset management (inventory, images, security); ITSM system; the IT services catalog and vendor management of outsourced providers. The Technology Support Manager will provide users with efficient and timely first and second level support to ensure that service levels are achieved in line with SLA's, and that customer expectations are met or exceeded. The Technology Support Manager will own all service delivery events (issue/case/ticket) from inception to close and will manage escalation of all events, including internal individuals and teams as well as third party, contracted resources and vendors. The Technology Support Manager will also manage projects and be "hands-on" in resolving incidents and requests. Responsibilities:
- Manages the staff and operations of a technical help desk.
- Ensures team members are trained and coached on effective methods to research, troubleshoot, deliver solutions, and access the current product or technical updates.
- Implements and utilizes help desk systems and tools to identify, document, track and resolve reported problems.
- Identifies and gathers key metrics to analyze the help desk performance and identify problem areas.
- Develops and optimizes processes to achieve service level requirements and performance goals.
- May act as the escalation point and facilitator for severe, critical, or unique issues.
- Manages all aspects of technical incident response from initiation to conclusion.
- Assesses the nature of the incident and determines what resources are needed to resolve the situation and restore service.
- Coordinates all efforts to contain and resolve the incident.
- Leads communications and conference calls with the team, stakeholders, customers, and others to provide updates.
- Documents all activities occurring during the incident following policy and using established methodologies.
- Conducts a root cause analysis for each incident to define follow-up action items and to make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Manages all IT activities in the organization.
- Implements and maintains the policies and goals for the IT department to support the company's needs.
- Ensures proper information system operations and plans necessary upgrades.
- Oversees the internal IT support function.
- Conducts research and recommends the selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline desired;
- 2 or more years of talent management experience, including progressive experience leading technical teams and a global service desk with a proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Help Desk deliverables desired;
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred - v3 preferred;
- 5 or more years of experience in Ticket Management and application of ITIL standards using an industry standard toolset (Microsoft Service Center, Remedy, BMC Track-IT, etc.);
- 2 or more years of experience in Asset Management and understanding of hardware and/or software asset tracking principles using an industry standard toolset (Flexera, Snow, Big Fix, etc.);
- 2 or more years of experience in Mobile Device Management using an industry standard toolset (Intune, AirWatch Mobile Iron, etc.);
- 2 or more years of experience in VOIP solutions and management;
- 2 or more years of experience with Office 365 Administration; 2 or more years of experience with PowerShell scripting;
- Expert knowledge of current information technology tools and platforms, especially involving end user computing devices, mobility solutions and print management is required;
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and experience adhering to related audit requirements is desired;
- Working knowledge of information security frameworks and best practice operational procedures is r equired;
- Familiarity with core provider services from Azure desired;
- Availability to travel 15% - 50% domestically and internationally, sometimes with short notice;
- Ability to manage ambiguity and demonstrates resilience and change agility to drive results in a highly regulated environment;
- Ability to work with industry partners and vendors to ensure company is up-to-date with technology trends and capabilities; ability to identify changes and trends in technology and interpret their meaning to solutions that enable the business or IT efficiencies;
- Ability to articulate and execute on a strategic vision at the department level that supports the overall Technology vision/strategy, while at the same time ensuring quality tactical implementations are achieved;
- Ability to generate pragmatic, salient and simple solutions to complex problems;
- Strong results orientation; ability to remove obstacles and hold people accountable for achieving challenging business results;
- Experienced research work including excel, analyzing reports, and data reconciliation;
- Strong customer focus and service orientation - Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non- technical staff and end users;
- Leadership abilities including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building;
- Good analytical, planning, and organizational abilities to manage competing demands;
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications with experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level;
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is predominately functioning in a sedentary light office position with high frequency of telephone communication, keyboarding, and computer. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate technical issues / resolution. Must be able to get under desks frequently and lift computers and monitors (up to 50 lbs) frequently.
- A moderate amount of travel domestically and internationally will be expected (average 50% a year).
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
- Asset Management
- Asset Tracking
- Audio Equipments