To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
859 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cook - Full-Time
HARU • New York, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for all grilled, broiled, fried and sautéed items prepared in the kitchen. Preparation and portioning of food items prior to cooking, such as tempura items, sauces, and grilled items. Other duties include plating and garnishing cooked items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation.Responsibilities
In accordance with Haru Sushi's service and cooking procedures:
- Prepares or directs preparations of all recipes in compliance with portions sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures in the HARU kitchen guide and Employee Handbook.
- Prepares an extensive variety of cold and hot food items utilizing standardized recipes.
- Prepares specially requested items.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Selects/utilizes knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish, maintain holding temperature, grill or otherwise produce food on the kitchen line.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards, observe proper food preparation and handling techniques as outlined in the HARU kitchen guide and Employee Handbook.
- Keeps Head Kitchen Chef informed of inventories.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Manager.
- Brings to the attention of the Head Kitchen Chef any unsanitary equipment, storage/work areas and/or products.
- Communicates with Lead Line Cook to facilitate customer orders efficiently and within required ticket times.
- Follows all federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations outlined by the General Manager and the Employee Handbook.
- Keep work area neat, organized and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in the restaurant industry is a plus
- Bilingual preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with employees and guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests' needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand guests' and colleagues' instructions, read and understand written directives, and be able to clearly communicate if s/he requires further direction.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc.) containing hot or cool foods and liquids.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.