If you are a junior level engineer looking for an opportunity to travel, learn, and grow professionally, Emerson has a great opportunity for you! Based out of our Greater Chicago area office, (Tinley Park, IL) you will be part of a global team that performs a variety of complex engineering functions related to installation, service, and maintenance of our products for the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, renewables, water & wastewater treatment, mining & metals, food & beverage & life sciences industries. As an associate field engineer you will:
Who you are: At Emerson, we help customers in the world’s most crucial industries tackle the challenges of modern life. You are part of the team that drives innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter and more sustainable.
- Work with your team to analyze and tackle engineering problems associated with field installation and operation of life sustaining, industrial control systems.
- Assist in carrying out more sophisticated engineering assignments under the direction of a more senior field engineer, we are automation consultants to the industries that are the backbone of daily life!
- Provide hands-on training to our customers on-site or in a factory acceptance test (FAT).
- Develop and maintain good customer relations from the small rural power producers to billion-dollar critical infrastructure suppliers in metropolitan areas.
- Participate in the writing, review, and revision of field/operational manuals based on your hands-on work with these systems
- Participate in team assignments sought at problem resolution, project/product familiarization and product testing and evaluation
WHO YOU ARE:
At Emerson, we help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the challenges of modern life. You are part of the team that drives innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter and more sustainable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject area or computer science from an accredited school. EE or EET majors preferred.
- The preferred candidate will have up to three years of industrial controls' experience in one of the industries we serve. We provide on the job training, building on your solid blend of education and experience is a validated path to success.
- Comprehensive and proven troubleshooting skills, we never give up.
- This position requires up to 80% travel, typically one week in duration with heavy travel more likely during the power systems outage season in the spring and fall.
- You must be legally authorization to work in the United States
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Oil And Gas
Electrical Engineering Technology