With more than 10,000 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD
is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network. GHD
is seeking a talented Senior Civil Engineer with Project Management
experience for our San Francisco, CA
The candidate will manage and lead multi-discipline planning and design teams for a wide range of projects including water and wastewater, transportation, and urban infrastructure projects through all phases of planning, design, and delivery in the San Francisco Bay area, as well as provide support for our global network.
Experience with the Federal Government is a plus, especially for the Department of the Navy. The position may provide some travel opportunities. The successful candidate will have strong leadership, business development, project management, and technical engineering skills. Established client relationships and a proven track record with developing new business opportunities is a plus. We are seeking self-motivated and active networker who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. The ideal candidate will have a background in the following:
- Managing multi-discipline projects from early concept development through detailed design and construction
- Lead technical proposal preparation efforts and presentations along with delivering client interviews and fostering overall client expectations with respect to projects.
- Serving as a lead technical resource for water/wastewater, storm water systems, distribution/collection systems, pump stations, , and/or transportation projects.
- Managing and confirming fulfillment of scope of work requirements while meeting established budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment.
- Supporting business and client development including building and managing relationships with key leaders
- Serving as a leader of project teams and mentoring local staff by providing direction, knowledge, and guidance, including the coordination and reviewing of project assignments
- Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
- Assisting with preparing design drawings and specifications - Preparing, monitoring, and managing project budgets and schedules while managing the firm's risk
- Providing high level planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents/reports
- Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members
- Contribute to the continued growth of GHD’s Design Services group by expanding services in the San Francisco Bay area
- Registered Civil Engineer in California, or able to acquire registration within agreed upon timeframe.
- 10 to 15 years of consulting engineering design experience. - 10 years of managing multi-disciplined projects
- Experience in the development and delivery of construction documents including, but not limited to, plans, specifications, design reports, utility studies, and master plans.
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and public speaking and presentation skills - Excellent organizational skills
- Strong technical understanding of civil engineering disciplines.
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects, track budgets, project schedules and anticipate associated upcoming tasks
- High ethical standards. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong understanding of the San Francisco area consulting engineering business and municipal agencies
- Strong business development, proposal preparation, and marketing skills
As a multicultural organization, we encourageindividual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status. No phone calls please and no third party firms.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.
Coaching And Mentoring