To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
312 Guilbeau Road
Lafayette, LA 70506
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Caregiver - Lafayette (E/O Saturday)
Home Instead Senior Care • Lafayette, LA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CAREGiver – Lafayette (Assisted Living Facility)
Every Other Saturday 12:00pm – 8:00pm
(other shifts available also)
- Reflect the core values of Bayou Home State Care, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise.
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor and office staff
- Provide Companionship & Home Helper services which could include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments and church on Sundays
- Provide Personal Care services which could include:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
- Participate in company sponsored training and social events including CAREGiver meetings
- Report hours according to office policy & communicate changes in availability in a timely manner
- Participate in bi-annual J.D. Power and Associates Satisfaction Survey
- Document client information in Client and Life Journal
- May require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check, pre-employment drug screen, 3 professional and 3 personal reference checks
- Possess a valid driver’s license or state identification
- Possess valid auto insurance
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.