Reports to the Center Director. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties which require extreme discretion, in compliance with government and management directives.Essential Functions:
1. Receive telephone calls and visitors; handle routine matters personally and route non-routine business to proper staff for consideration.
2. Maintain calendar and schedule appointments.
3. Act as liaison between director and other center and departmental staff.
4. Maintain correspondence control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail and follow-up on dates for action items.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
6. Perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties; preparation of special reports, type and distribute meeting minutes, maintain files and records, statistical data, make travel arrangements, etc. as required.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Enter information into CIS, EIS and other automated system as directed.
9. Prepare special reports as directed.
10. Demonstrate alignment with a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
11. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
12. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
13. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
14. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
15. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
16. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
17. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and three years related experience. Associate's Degree preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Clerical Works