Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager at North Texas Perinatal supporting multiple locations in the Dallas metroplex area. The Office Manager I is responsible for the effective management of an office or offices. Provides effective day-to-day management, including human resources, operations management, and financial management. Works closely with practice manager and practice director to develop and implement practice goals and objectives. Serves as a primary liaison with providers and staff.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!Responsibilities
Human Resources and Leadership
- Ensures staff is in attendance. Coordinates call outs and vacations to ensure staff coverage throughout office.
- Maintains staffing per models and budgets.
- Supervises staff activities. Trains new and existing employees in office policies, procedures and systems.
- Leads staff meetings for assigned office(s).
- Ensures licensure and certification are kept current.
- Performs all functions of payroll for assigned staff.
- Mentors staff to achieve excellent performance. Evaluates and counsels staff as necessary. Performs all functions of hiring, performance reviews, corrective actions, and terminations with supervision or independently per office structure.
- Advises practice manager on director staffing needs for assigned offices. Submits and coordinates PAFs and PRFs.
- Attends management and physician meetings.
- Approves staff expense reports and prepares physician expense reimbursement requests.
- Works with practice manager and practice director to develop and implement office goals.
- Serves as first point of contact for physicians and staff for day-to-day operations issues.
- Maintains procedures, guidelines, and reference manuals for assigned area and ensures all policies are being followed within the office(s).
- Maintains a neat and orderly facility. Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies. Ensures OSHA, HIPAA, CLIA, environment of care, fire code, and other regulatory metrics are met at all times. Ensures licensure is current and displayed as per federal, state, county, and city regulations.
- Ensures mock drills are performed and emergency preparedness is maintained for assigned area.
- Ensures office is secured when business day is complete and ready for the next day.
- Monitors medical records requests and ensures Sheridan policy is followed regarding legal medicalrecords requirements.
- Serves as a resource and team lead for electronic medical records system implementation, training, and use.
- Serves as primary contact for electronic system and equipment problems and concerns; serves as liaison with management and Sheridan IT to follow up on issues until resolution is reached.
- Disseminates correspondence and ensures all logs are maintained.
- Reviews and follows up on patient satisfaction surveys. Analyzes office performance, develops performance improvement projects with manager, and leads improvement projects as directed needed.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships and holds vendors accountable for delivering goods and services as per contracts, orders, and agreements.
- Meets expense budget goals for assigned office or offices.
- Attends managed care and finance meetings and implements changes and improvements as needed.
- Submits financial reports and manager’s report.
- Pays invoices promptly or submits to practice manager or director as per approval matrix. Prepares variance and reclassification reports promptly upon receipt of monthly report from accounting.
- Participates in budget planning for volume, payroll, and expense budgeting.
- Manages front-end revenue cycle tasks performed in the offices.
- Serves as the point of contact for patient billing concerns in office if administrative staff cannot resolve. Establishes payment plans with self-pay patients within Sheridan policy. Communicates patient payment plans or requests for adjustments to manager or director and billing staff; documents appropriately in practice management system.
- Implements staff training for managed care operations.
Growth and Development
- Supports physician outreach and marketing activities.
- Performs functions of onboarding new physicians as assigned.
- Procures supplies and equipment for new offices and acquisitions.
- Hires staff for new offices and acquisitions.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with referring physicians and medical staff offices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Very strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrates ability in leadership or managing others
- Strong interpersonal, project management and mentoring skills. Ability to make decisions in a rapidly growing, professional, service oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or university and three or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with electronic medical records and practice management systems.
- EMR- eClinicalworks
- Responsible for managing both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Trains, coaches, and mentors management team
- Plans and conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of staff, recommends merits, bonuses and promotions and administers corrective actions when necessary
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Coaching And Mentoring