Security Officer (non SWORN)
General Description and Classification Standards
The Security Specialist under the supervisor of the Security Supervisor is responsible for the consistent and documented daily security roving patrols, facilities physical security inspections, ID badge issuing and security briefs. The Watershed Security Specialist provides a safe and secure work environment to ensure accountability and a deterrent of intruders or theft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for providing security roving and foot patrols in assigned zones.
- Responsible for documenting and submitting daily security patrols and physical security inspections.
- Responsible for the accountability issuing of all DWM ID badges when performing these duties.
- Responsible for providing security briefs prior to issuing ID badges and access to facilities.
- Responsible for documenting all request for ID badges and access to facilities.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the ID badge data base.
- Responsible for providing and document all security escorts.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting all security breaches and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting all security equipment failures or discrepancies Assist in DWM investigations and documents incidents.
- Will be required to work occasional midnight and weekend shifts in order to quality of the work on all shifts.
- Ensure Security Program Supervisor and Watershed Security Manager are kept informed of all security incidents.
- Will be required to cross train within the DWM Video Integration Center (VIC) security personnel and achieve a level competence to fill-in and perform the duties of a VIC operator.
- Will be require to cross train within the Id badge and access control operation and achieve a level of competence to fill-in and perform the duties of issuing and programming DWM Id badges.
- Support the Department's goals and objectives in accordance with management practices.
- Assist in the monthly ID badge audits when directed.
- Respond to emergency situations including medical emergencies.
- Responsible for developing and presenting PowerPoint security awareness training to DWM personnel on a quarterly basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This is a partial listing of necessary knowledges, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Strong computer skills in all Microsoft products. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment. Strong team player with exceptional customer service skills. Comfortable with a high-tech work environment, constant learning of new tools and innovations. Flexibility to work all shifts, willing to assist team with overtime when needed. Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice, or a related field and have three (3) years experience in security operations center or law enforcement; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
All candidates must be an active member of the Atlanta Police Reserve
Licensures and Certifications
Must be P.O.S.T certified