To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL 36105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tool and Die Machinist
Hager Companies • Montgomery, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Plan, lay-out and perform machining operations and bench work. Design, repair or modify dies, tools, fixtures, jigs, etc., which may be of complex design, to close tolerances and finish requirements. Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies or fixtures. Prepare sketches or drawings and determine work processes which apply appropriate knowledge of machining methods, quality and good safety standards. Setup, operate and maintain machine tools to cut, drill, mill, bore, and grind or otherwise shape a work piece to prescribed specifications. Perform die maintenance; implement modifications or repairs on metal stamping secondary and progressive dies in order to produce products to engineering specifications. Troubleshoot tools and implement adjustments and modifications on the bench and at the press.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of products, fixtures, tools, and dies.
- Compute dimensions, plans, layouts and determine assembly method and sequence of operation.
- Implement preventive die maintenance and repairs or modifications on secondary and progressive metal stamping dies.
- Disassemble dies on table to verify dimensions to part print, set clearances, using measuring instruments such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, dial calipers and micrometers.
- Remove defective components and repair; fit and reassemble parts using hand tools. Create drawing of parts to be fabricated; insert repaired or replacement part, verify clearances and reassemble die.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders, and drill presses to fabricate tooling, and die components. Verify conformance to drawing specifications.
- Troubleshoot progressive, secondary dies, roll mill lines and production equipment.
- Ability to finish grind tooling and die components to within .0005 tolerance.
- Sharpen dies and perform preventive maintenance on progressive and secondary dies.
- Verify conformance of finished work pieces and assemblies to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Implement engineering changes on tools and dies.
- Design and build tooling, gages and fixtures.
- GTAW (tig) welding may be required.
- Follow all safety and environmental regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
No marginal functions identified.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school or general equivalent diploma (GED) and Tool and Die Maker apprenticeship certification.
Experience: Five or more years of progressive experience building and repairing dies. Pre-requisites: Machinist/Tool & Die Maker B or Tool & Die Maker Certificate.
Skills/Knowledge: Requires a broad knowledge of tool making and maching technology, and mechanical principles, shop mathematics, layout and precision measuring procedures, metallurgy and heat treatment applications.
Physical Activities/Demands: Physical activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job which requires the ability to stand, walk, climb, stoop and crouch, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, talk, hear and see. The employee is required to exert enough force to lift over 60 pounds frequently and/or 25 to 60 pounds occasionally and/or 5 to 25 pounds continuously from floor to waist and move a distance of 5 to 50 feet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to maintain a level state of alertness while performing this job.
Machines/Tools/Equipment/Work Aids: Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Handtools, Machine Tools, i.e. lathes, milling machines, saws, drills, Precision Measuring Instruments, Personal Computer, Progressive Dies.
Licenses Required: Journeyman Certificate required in order to reach “maximum wage rate”. Forklift license required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.