Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is currently seeking a highly talented Manager, Financial Systems to join our growing California Financial Innovation Team (FIT).
If you are looking for an award-winning Fortune 500 employer with a strong emphasis on its core values then Optum may be the next step in your Finance career and a place to call "home."
Reporting through the Sr. Director of Finance for the OptumCare Management LLC, our growing team is responsible for helping to improve financial operations through the use of data analytics, process automation, and cloud reporting for Optum.
We are looking for a collaborative, creative, and results driven individual to join the Finance Innovation Team as a Manager of Financial Systems. As a member of the Finance Innovation team, your role will be to maintain and build financial and KPI reporting tools to help measure and drive the financial and operational performance of the organization. You’ll be expected to communicate with other external stakeholders to scope/create/plan projects, recommend improvements to existing tools/processes, and develop complete solutions to enhance financial and operational data and reporting.
You will work with Anaplan, Essbase, ERP systems, ETL tools, and MS Excel to assist with budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting, and the analysis of key operating metrics. You will also help to automate and improve manual processes through the use of technology and various systems. This position is ideal for a motivated individual looking to strengthen their data acumen, develop an understanding of the healthcare industry, and build tools and reports that are used across the organization. You will work with a team of engaged individuals and be expected to effectively manage individual work streams, act as a data expert for business processes, and actively develop creative solutions for complex problems. We are in an exciting state at Optum, and this is a key role in helping us achieve success.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, maintain, and improve Anaplan, Essbase, and other forecasting models that support business objectives and initiatives
- Automate and build integrations for seamless data flow to Anaplan, Essbase, Dynamics SL, Excel, PeopleSoft and other reporting platforms
- Collaborate closely with regional finance teams on key financial reporting (budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting)
- Provide quick, accurate, and complete ad hoc analytical support while communicating context and assumptions. High attention to detail is critical
- Act as a solutions expert who can design and implement effective processes using available technology
- Leverage an understanding of data and financial modeling to provide insights and data transparency throughout all levels of the company
- Build strong relationships as the data subject matter expert in business situations
- Work with and develop strong working relationships with direct reports to grow them professionally
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis and modeling experience with script languages preferred (VBA, SQL)
- 3+ years of advanced excel experience including data analysis, report writing and/or development
- Experience with medium sized reporting transformations and project requirement collection and project management
- Experience building and maintaining complex Excel files and/or experience with Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, Essbase, ETL Tools or similar software
- Experience creating workflow diagrams and process documentation to explain technical processes to non-technical consumers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (advanced Excel, VBA, macros, etc.) and Outlook. A working knowledge of other MS Office products
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to think strategically and leverage technology to deliver results
- Ability to gather requirements for new projects and deliver complete and effective tools
- Passionate about continuously improving themselves, learning about data reporting and automation, and simplifying processes
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate technical information clearly
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.