To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chestertown, MD 21690
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
University of Maryland Medical System • Chestertown, MD
Posted 1 month ago
University of Maryland Shore Regional Health is the principal provider of comprehensive health care services for more than 170,000 residents of Maryland's Eastern Shore. UM Shore Regional Health operates three hospitals, a freestanding emergency center, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, outpatient care centers and home care services throughout the region.
Be Part of Something Greater!
Protects property and persons on hospital premises; patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism; staffs parking lot booth on rotating basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Patrols buildings and grounds of hospital and off-site properties to prevent fires, theft, and vandalism; inspects doors, windows, and locks to determine level of security.
- Assures only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises.
- Assures hospital doors are locked and unlocked in compliance with established procedures.
- Maintains current information in lost and found logs; notifies individuals when lost items are located.
- Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team; responds to "Code Red" alerts.
- Responds to all Shore Health System codes, as appropriate.
- Investigates reported incidents of unusual circumstances; writes incident reports; documents investigatory steps and results.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients.
- Inspects outgoing parcels, as necessary, to prevent theft of hospital property.
- (DGH) Responsible for keeping patient’s valuables secure in safe and proper maintenance of safe log.
- (MHE) Provides courier service to and from banks.
- Reports fire and safety hazards, unusual occurrences, and accidents observed on patrols and inspections.
- Keeps fire lanes and hydrants and ambulance entrance free of vehicles.
- Maintains logs and daily reports of parking areas.
- Issues parking tickets for parking violations on the hospital grounds and reports employee violations to the Director of Plant Ops.
- Escorts visitors, patients, and employees to and from parking areas.
- Assists motorists who are stranded on hospital property.
- Inspects fire fighting equipment and radios and other security equipment; reports malfunctions.
- Maintains logs of activities on tour of duty.
- Directs patients, visitors entering and leaving the hospital premises.
- Turns on Heliport lights and takes stretcher to Heliport and assists helicopter crew whenever needed.
- Maintains Morgue Log and proper disposition of body.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of one year of experience in the security field or related responsible experience with public contact.
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and proper cash handling ability.
Current drivers license and good driving record to travel to various hospital properties.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.