Job Summary: As a key member of our Bakery/Coffee Shop Department, this position is responsible for sales generation, product preparation, food safety, quality control, work safety, and merchandising. This position also is responsible for providing customers with excellent customer service while preparing and serving high-quality drinks and educating and assisting with specialty bakery orders and standard items.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and best service customers.
* Works to meet sales goals through customer education on products and promotions.
* Maintains high-quality standards in product presentation.
* Achieves standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing all products.
* Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
* Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market's quality expectations.
* Adheres to standards of cleanliness, and performs cleaning tasks as required.
* Follows all policies and procedures.
* Adheres to cash handling procedures and cash register policies.
* Follows inventory and loss prevention guidelines.
* Works efficiently and does not expend products or resources needlessly.
* Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
* Prevents internal and external loss.
* Demonstrates dependability and flexibility
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Bakery/Coffee Shop Team Leader and/or Store Director team.
* Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
* Offers customers opportunities to interact with products.
* Works to satisfy every customer; meets challenges with a can-do approach.
* Thanks customers and invites them back.
* Follows company expectations with regard to attendance, communication, professionalism and dress guidelines/grooming standards.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
* Minimum one year experience preparing coffee drinks in a high volume coffee shop preferred.
* Minimum one year Bakery industry related experience preferred.
* Exceptional customer service skills required.
* Proven cash handling skills preferred.
* Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
* Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Exemplary attendance record.
* Proven experience multi-tasking and completing projects with conflicting deadlines on time.
* Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
* Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
* Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrates attention to detail.
* Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
* Able to lift and carry 30 pounds.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Possesses adequate knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines.
* Possesses product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food and coffee, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations, and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
* Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
* Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
* Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
* Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Food Safety