Reporting to the Vice President of Client Services, the Vice President of Professional Services is responsible for the strategic planning and tactical execution of the company’s global consulting services and technical services teams to maximize the utilization of over 100 professional services staff and realize the department’s revenue and profit goals. As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Professional Services owns responsibility for the sustainability and profitability of the professional services organization. The Vice President, Professional Services must have an operational mindset, with a passion to manage client relationships and processes, guiding managers to higher levels of efficiency. He/she will provide operational leadership and direction by ensuring the team achieves desired results. Close working relationships with Operations, Product, Engineering, and the Sales team are an absolute must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Creates, directs and measures plans for productivity, quality, and process improvements in the provisioning of implementation and consulting, technical, and implementation services.
- Utilizing industry best practices develops and delivers continuous improvement initiatives resulting in improved efficiencies and scalability in the way we provide services to our clients.
- Plans and emphasizes quality and consistency in the delivery of services and programs.
- Plans and creates short and long-term goals to focus on productivity improvement.
- Creates, monitors and reports on services delivery and financial measurements against agreed goals.
- Works with Client Services PMO to create, align and improve performance goals and measurements.
Develops strategy and administers operational business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the departmental strategic planning, interdepartmental alignment and yearly budgeting processes.
- Formulates and recommends policies and programs that support and are consistent with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Assists with improving the company’s competitive position thru improved execution, efficiency, and productivity.
- Increases customer satisfaction and overall profitability through improved execution of implementations and customer service capabilities & activities.
Provides leadership on business process and drive toward a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency, providing coaching and support to Company managers and staff.
- Oversees the activities of both the Consulting Services and Technical Services organizations (i.e., hires, mentors, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, develops, and recommends termination as necessary).
- Manages subcontracted Consulting and Technical Services on implementations.
- Set team goals to meet organizational objectives to effectively utilize personnel.
- Directs the implementation and application of policies.
- Develops direct reports and other departmental staff to ensure pipeline of talent and succession planning.
Oversees the execution of the Professional Services goals and objectives to ensure that engagements meet not only Company’s objectives but also the customer’s requirements and satisfaction.
Works with senior leadership to conduct due diligence on prospective acquisition targets or strategic partners and leads post-acquisition integration activities that effectively brings personnel from both organizations together.
- Strong process development and management skills with proven organizational re-engineering experience utilizing industry best practices.
- Inclusive leadership style that solicits and is receptive to input from team members but is also decisive once inputs are obtained.
- Uses ethical principles to guide decisions and actions; demonstrates honesty and integrity in managing people and resources; and treats others with respect, fairness, and concern for their welfare.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent management, technical, business, and professional issues.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of divisional software products and remain expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.
- Able to effectively recruit, hire, train, manage, motivate, and develop staff.
- Able to negotiate contracts with potential subcontractors.
- Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risks and seeks to mitigate them before they occur. Visualizes the big picture and effectively identifies key issues and designs harmonious and effective solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical track and a minimum of ten years of experience in software implementation, project management or software development with five or more years in management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of knowledge of project management and software development practices and principles.
- Excellent process planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership and employee relations skills.
- Software industry experience.
- Skilled with PCs and various software applications.
- Ability to interface with C-Level executives and board members.
- This position requires occasional travel (up to 35%). The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required.
- Advanced degree is highly desirable but not required.
Work takes place in a variety of settings as follows:
- In an office setting that requires the ability to sit and work at a keyboard and computer monitor for extended periods of time, and to communicate with customers and co-workers by phone and computer.
- In various settings related to occasional travel. This may include travel via car, train, and airline, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, and overnight hotel stays. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Request For Proposal