To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Raleigh, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pharmaceutical Chemist - Senior Scientist
Pace Analytical • Raleigh, NC
Posted 1 month ago
This candidate will be responsible for complex analysis in a chemistry or microbiological environment within defined procedures and practices. They will also be responsible for method development and validation for pharmaceutical testing methods. The ideal candidate will have experience in the pharmaceutical industry with HPLC, method development, and analytical testing.
Note: This position is located in High Point, NC.Responsibilities
- Conducts complex chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, packaging components, finished products, microbiological, and stability samples by internally developed and compendial test methods
- Executes and validates test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution, spectroscopy, and/or traditional wet chemical testing
- Recognizes and reports out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems; recommends solutions
- Maintains and troubleshoots analytical instrumentation as needed
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results
- Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems
- Prepares and assists in filing regulatory documents in support of internal projects
- Writes SOPs and other instructional documents
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science, preferably in Chemistry or Biology
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of experience performing tests or analyses for pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, or microbiological samples
- Experience with common office software and chromatographic data acquisition systems
- Experience authoring and validating test methods