Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication - New Product Development
A challenging and rewarding career opportunity exists with our client who is a growing leader within their respective industry. Our client has a strong commitment to producing quality products and intimate service to a diverse customer base throughout the world.
Due to a recent promotion, our client is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Manufacturing Engineer with strong expertise with sheet metal fabrication and automation. This position will play an integral role with new product development manufacturing projects/products and improving key manufacturing and business processes.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering (Fabrication) leadership on New Product Development teams
- Collaborate on cross functional teams to achieve DFM and DFA objectives
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvements within the scope of NPD projects
- Develop concepts for these opportunities and see through to implementation
- Oversee installation and start-up of new equipment through successful handover to production support engineers
- Plans and conducts feasibility studies, cost estimates involving location of equipment and VSM analysis
- Ensure that quality levels and industry standards are maintained or improved in the manufacturing process
- Solicit feedback from both internal/external customers for process, quality and safety improvements and analyze implementation
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials or processes
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) is required
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Prior leadership/management experience is highly preferred as this role will manage /lead the work for a team of Engineering Technicians
- Experience implementing new technologies and automation in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with machine shop applications, CNC, fabrication and robotics
- Experience supporting on-going production and new product development efforts Experience providing technical support for engineering, operations and vendor related questions
- Experience with stainless steels, pre-painted materials as well as low carbon steels are essential
- Knowledge of quality control systems
- Business knowledge related to process costing and capital equipment justification
- Computer skills including AutoCad, Solidworks and Microsoft office proficiency
- Familiarity with Robotics (Fanuc preferred) and industrial controls (Rockwell preferred)
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and positively influence a wide range of stakeholders - factory floor to customers
Our client is dedicated to being a preferred employer, providing career development opportunities designed to maximize employee potential while offering great advancement opportunities along the way. To that end, they offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits packages, and an excellent working environment! Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)