Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
GPS Engagement Financial Advisors - Senior Consultant
GPS EFA Practice:
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) Practice is comprised of finance professionals specializing in project and account financial management serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account financial management control. EFA provides financial management knowledge for the entire engagement management team(s) by owning all financial reporting and analysis for engagements and accounts. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. GPS EFA specializes in serving Deloitte's Higher Education, federal, state and local government clients. The Government and Public Services consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and Government & Public Services industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Work you'll do
GPS EFA Senior Consultants are responsible for supporting a portfolio of engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation processes and the implementation of engagement financial management controls. They oversee the activities of junior GPS EFA staff, including supervision, task management and deliverable quality reviews. On any given assignment, a GPS EFA Senior Consultant may be responsible for the following activities:
* Lead and oversee budget preparation activities and forecasts. Project and track financial metrics such as revenue, cost and profitability.
* Manage lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, month end close activities, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate project closeout.
* Interact frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide engagement financial advice.
* Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements.
* Additional financial analyses including reconciliations, variance analyses, and portfolio analysis.
* Support the growth and career development of junior resources by training them and serving as their informal mentor, sharing best practices and providing them with career advice.
* Develop and implement standards and processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management.
* Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives; and
* Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in supporting the requirements our Account teams contract to perform. We help to analyze staffing and other forecast items using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
* B.A./B.S from a four-year accredited university
* Minimum of 5 year's experience in a finance/financial analysis role
* Minimum of 5 year's experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to C-level Executives
* Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
* Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
* Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Proven "outside the box"-thinker who identifies problems and develops creative solutions
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
* Ability to travel 10-25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Experience supervising and/or managing resources
* Experience in working and collaborating with international and remote teams
* Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
* Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
* Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
* Experience in a federal/state/public professional services environment; consulting experience is a plus
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $78k - $144k
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
* If hired by GPS EFA and assigned to the GPS EFA Deference, Security, and Justice sector, the candidate must be a US Citizen.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 127923
- Attention To Detail
- Financial Management