To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Cruces, NM
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Health RN Full Time
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society • Las Cruces, NM
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Home Health RN Full Time
Location: 5740 - GSS Las Cruces Home Care
2975 Terrace Dr A-118
Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88011
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hourly: 30.00 - 32.32
Home health services from the Good Samaritan Society provide people of all ages medical assistance in their homes, while offering support and respite for their loved ones. The registered nurse is a key position in working with the home health team. The right candidate is a team player and can prioritize effectively to accomplish the needs of the agency. Working together to serve our community in home health needs is a privilege and an opportunity show Gods love. The main responsibilities of the position are listed below along with other duties as needed.
- Is accountable that medications and treatments are administered to assigned clients.
- Assesses client to establish client plan of care.
- Re-evaluates plan of care to determine client is still eligible for services.
- Provides care in accordance with agency policy; local, state and federal laws and plan of care.
- Supervises, provides training and evaluates home care aides.
- Accompanies home care aides on supervisory visits with clients.
- Safeguards clients' property. Maintains clients' self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides clients with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their care plans.
- Is accountable that physicians' orders are processed and physicians notified in a timely manner.
- Directs and documents care provided to clients.
- Receives and shares information; observes and reports clients' conditions to appropriate staff.
- Explains procedures before and during care.
- Directs and assists with client, family / significant other education.
- Utilizes appropriate bag techniques.
- Reports signs/ symptoms of client infections to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with at least one year of nursing experience.
- Prior experience in like or related position preferred. Licensure for state of practice is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities; knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
- Must be able to obtain New Mexico Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR Card.
- Must have a valid drivers license and proof of current auto insurance.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.