Reports To: Building Principal
The Early Childhood teacher creates and maintains a program that focuses on the physical, social, and emotional development of each child. This includes developmentally-appropriate student learning activities in the areas of cognition, creative expression, communication, social, physical, and emotional development which meet the unique needs of each child, with regard to his/her level of comprehension and maturation.
Preferred Qualifications: Current certification as a teacher and endorsement in the area of Early Childhood Unified in the State of Kansas and have experience as a teacher of preschool students.
Qualifications: Current Early Childhood Education or or Early Childhood Unified License.
Physical/Emotional Requirements: The incumbent may be required to use the skills and abilities outlined below during any part of the working day:
Speaking, hearing, visual, reading, writing, word processing, mobility, consistency of temperament, ability to work with a variety of problems at the same time, and stamina for working long hours and in stress-producing environments.
* Provides learning experiences in language arts, physical education, art, music, health, and other subject matter suited to the needs of pupils.
* Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with wide ranges of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
* Develops in each pupil an awareness of personal worth and the role the pupil plays in family and community, and encourages pupils to express themselves creatively in art, music, and dramatic play.
* Provides individual and small-group instruction designed to meet individual needs of pupils in the areas of communication skills, health habits, physical skills, and development of satisfactory self concepts.
* Enriches the educational program through study trips to community resources.
* Plans and coordinates the work of aides, assistants, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
* Develops activities for parents that promote parent participation and involvement in educational activities.
* Communicates regularly with parents by means of parent meetings, home visits, and individual parent conferences.
* Interprets school program to parents to strengthen parental understanding of the individual pupil's needs and the school's role in the individual pupil's life.
* Provides appropriate climate to establish and reinforce acceptable pupil behavior, attitudes, and social skills.
* Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning issues.
* Complies with district, state, and federal regulations regarding services to early childhood students.
* Develops, monitors, and updates all information related to students.
* Communicates high expectations to all learners.
* Must complete all job-related paperwork.
Terms of Employment:
9 months; salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy on evaluation of certified professional personnel.
The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor.
- Early Childhood Education
- Interpersonal Skills
- Law Enforcement
- Preschool Education
- Word Processing