High Road School, a member of the Catapult Learning family of schools, is a leading provider of special educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. Our mission is to create brighter futures for all students, regardless of the learning barriers or other challenges they may face.
Catapult partners with K-12 schools and districts to address the needs of individual students, improve academic gains, and build teacher and principal capacity.
We emphasize small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations. You will have the opportunity to work with a very specialized population in an intimate classroom setting. We also offer a full suite of health benefits plus 401k plan to full-time employees.
What you will do as a Teacher for Catapult Learning:
Special Education Teachers provide instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, mathematics, writing, and related areas. Teachers diagnose learning skill deficits and deliver prescribed instructional delivery methods. Special Education Teachers consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students and will communicate and have conferences with parents providing information on student progress.
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Mimimum: Durational Shortage Permit - Bachelor's degree and 12 credits completed in special education and enrolled in a program supporting a DSAP placement
- A teacher with a certification in an area outside of special education and with 12 credits of special education completed
- Long Term Substitute - Bachelor's degree and 12 credits completed in special education.
- Preferred: Special Education Comprehensive, Special Education k-12 Connecticut Certification.
We seek teachers who are passionate about understanding that all children can learn, a positive and enthusiastic professional with a service attitude for both internal and external customers. Basic Microsoft Office skills preferred.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions::
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
Applications can be submitted to Email blocked - click to apply
At Catapult Learning, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Catapult believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.