The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Cycle Counter is responsible for ensuring a high level of accuracy of inventory levels in the distribution center by performing cycle counts daily, weekly and quarterly, and resolving any and all discrepancies in a timely manner.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Compiles a list of items to be counted. Completes physical inventories, cycle counts, random or receipt audits, and reconciliations on a daily, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Resolves inventory issues in a timely manner. Researches inventory discrepancies, including variances in usage and cost. Analyses whether the variances are acceptable or whether they need to be investigated further and corrected.
- Performs inventory computer transactions in the appropriate business software.
- Utilizes order pickers and other P.I.T. equipment in the execution of counting locations.
- Utilizes RF guns to execute counting and investigate inventory variances and inventory reconciliation.
- Adheres to all safety procedures / standards within the course of performing job tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent is required.
- 1+ years of work experience in a distribution center environment is highly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications. Familiarity with warehouse management systems is preferred.
- Previous experience in cycle counting highly desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to accurately count product and convert counts into bottles or cases.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The DC environment will include extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical equipment such as forklifts/hi-lifts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the loading areas.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Warehouse Management Systems
Attention To Detail