GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SMTS Process Engineer - Litho.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries is seeking to fill the role of SMTS Lithography Process Engineer to drive technology readiness for 22FDX in Fab8 to support 5G applications in mobile devices. This experienced process engineering role will be primarily responsible for leading both development of 22FDX towards technology milestones and rapid qualification across new tools during planned fab expansion. The engineer will also be expected to support process development for future technologies and to leverage their expertise to improve existing processes in support of high volume manufacturing.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
In your role you are responsible for the following. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to\:
- Define and implement lithography process improvements for new technology insertion to improve process robustness and achieve technology milestones for yield, reliability, etc
- Drive process and technology transfer from customers and other GlobalFoundries fabs to Fab8 and in addition to new technology development across the portfolio of emerging technologies
- Lead, plan and execute continuous improvement projects to increase yield, productivity, and cost effectiveness (including rework improvement)
- Engage in proactive teamwork to support cross functional milestones through collaboration with quality, equipment, integration, and operations engineering teams
- Mentor and train technicians on shift to support quality and delivery metrics for 24x7 fab operations
- Execute strategy projects for improvement of sustaining of operations through monitoring of statistical process control (SPC) charts and disposition of out of spec material
- Drive process improvements for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem-solving skills
- Support the process; planning and quality organizations to ensure the equipment meet the cost, quality and reliability metrics
- Achieve customer on-time delivery and cycle time commitments through tool qualification and runpath management with manufacturing operations
- Use Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to assess and mitigate risk for process changes
- Evaluate new toolsets and upgrades in order to define best selection for Fab 8 capacity expansion
- Lead troubleshooting task forces and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence for excursion incidents (using such methods as 8D)
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum 5 years of Semiconductor experience
- Fluency in English Language written & verbal
- 7+ years’ experience as lithography process engineer or scanner equipment engineer familiar with 193nm, 248nm and i-line processes
- Expertise in one or all of the following\:
- New material selection and evaluation, process characterization (resist, BARC, underlayer)
- Litho Process and OPC development as part of DTCO (design technology co-optimization)
- Overlay modeling and scanner alignment including applications experience with ASML and KT Analyzer
- Optical Frame Mark Design and simulation (DBO, DBF, alignment)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- High integrity and excellent team player.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Statistical Data Analysis program experience and or other programing language experience (such as Jump, Matlab, Origin, Python, etc.) is preferred
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to SMTS Process Engineer - Litho and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Cycle Time Variation